Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recent Finds - Portland

 Whenever we are in Portland, Powell's is a must visit. I hear about books online, but I prefer to see a book in person before I buy. So, when I get to Powell's I head towards the art and design books first.
I have really been enjoying all the sandwich board signs I see out in front of shops these days. This book featured some really beautiful ones.
Window lettering really is an art form. I love looking at all of them, especially on older shops.
In addition to tons of great pictures, there's also interviews with sign painters.
 Some tools of the trade.
 Great vintage designs.
Tons of inspiration in these pages. 
I couldn't walk away without this, and another. I'll share my second book find later this week.

1 comment:

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails