Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Recent Finds - Little Tokyo

A few weekends ago, Tony and I went to LA to celebrate a friend's birthday.  The plan was to have dinner then head to karaoke. We got a room for the night at the Miyako hotel. After a night of fun, we made ourselves wake up early since we had to head back home. But before we left, I got to hit up my favorite shops in Little Tokyo. Since I'm taking an art class again, I am always in need of a pencil. I found a great assortment at Kinokuniya.
There, I also found some paper tablets- these have very smooth sheets. I'm going to try typing on them, as well as using a fountain pen. Some cute sharpeners were just around the corner (stocked up on those as they are fun to include with gifts) and slim white envelopes.
When I came across these dessert erasers, I had to get them for my pen pal Emma, who collects cute erasers. I also found some darling floral fabric tape, and these great patterned boxes.
I am seriously obsessed with these boxes- I wish they had them in a larger size. They are quite slim- and I don't really know what to use them for but I had to get them because the patterns are wonderful.
I'm always scrambling in my purse to write a note, so I got a few of these mini notepads.
At a small gift store in the mall (no idea of the name, but next to max karaoke) I found glow in the dark cat stickers and a cat stamp. Major score.
More pencils, but these are only for "office use" :) A small token box for Donovan and more gel pens, of course.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of new items! Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! Margriet x http://thechildoflight.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go crazy in a Japanese stationery store. So many pretty and cute things. Love those pencils and writing papers. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding nice plain writing papers. I end up using copy paper or Paper Source text paper, which is nice, but I am a sucker for writing papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a hard time finding plain writing paper too! My favorite used to be this black kraft note pad from muji, but they stopped carrying it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you really found some cute stuff! That elephant sharpener is just too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could spend hours and hours in little Tokyo.

      Delete
  4. I have the worst case of office supply envy! I haven't tried half those pencils and then all the paper goods! Such a treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing that I no longer live so close to little Tokyo, when I did, I would go there at least twice a month. Now, I go a once every three or four months, but I do stock up.

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails