Friday, October 11, 2013

Recent Finds - Renegade Summer

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but Renegade LA was at the end of July. Almost three months later! I really need to do a better job of organizing my photos. I upload them to my computer then they get lost in the tornado that is my desktop. Every time Tony opens my computer he says "What is all this stuff? Clean up your desktop!"  And I do, every few months but then days later it's a wreck again. I can't help it, I am always working on a lot of different files at once, editing photos, changing my wholesale catalog. Sure, that's what folders are for but I just can't change the way I work. Anyway! I mostly love craft fairs because I can shop from all my favorite vendors. Renegade LA was no exception. Kyle (Power + Light Press) and Elinor (Krank Press) were right across from me. These are a few things I picked out from them. Above, The Tiny Post Offices Print. She came up with the idea for this after traveling the country and coming across the little post offices in small towns. 
This print was also inspired by her travels. You know those souvenir magnets? I think those are cute but this is 100x better.
Elinor has been doing some limited edition prints that I just adore. I've learned that if you see a piece of art that catches your eye, you must get it! Don't walk away, you will regret it. I'm so happy I snagged one of these. 
 Same goes for this one. I am trying to decide if I should hang them together or not.
 I also got a Quality over Quantity print, a post office post card pack, and me-ow card from Kyle.
Elinor just made these recipe card booklets and labels, I thought Donovan would really like them, so I got them for her.  
Here's some close ups of the tiny post office drawings. I just think they are really great. Next time I see a tiny post office, I'm going to snap a picture of it for Kyle. Maybe she'll do a "part deux."

12 comments:

  1. oh all these things are so beautiful! I think those two prints would look divine hung together! love the me-ow card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Now I just need to find the perfect spot for them to be hung.

      Delete
  2. I bought the interference print from Elinor too! Hung it up as soon as we got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so picky about frames sometimes it takes me months to make a decide! I'm envious of your quick decision-making skills :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are darling! I can't pick a favorite, and now I'm on the lookout for tiny post offices wherever I go :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome goodies/drawings! :) I've always wanted to go to the Renegade Fair but I believe it's never been done here in SoCal (well, at least not since I moved to this country, hehe).

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Renegade Craft fair has been held every july and december for the past four years. You should sign up for their newsletter so you can know about the upcoming shows.

      Delete
  5. So happy to have just discovered your blog as another stationary/snail mail enthusiast. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the tiny post offices!! The post office in my hometown (Weatherford, OK) would qualify. I loved that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she accepts submissions! You might get your tiny post office in the next batch she makes :)

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails