Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recent Work - Custom Stamps

Thanks to Victoria for introducing me to the vibrant Jihan.  Jihan and I got to spend  time getting to know each other at my sister's high school career day. This girl is so fun, and I loved hearing the story of how she got her start as a balloon trooper. Since she just moved, she was interested in a return address stamp. I got a new sketchbook that I was waiting to break open. I figured this was the perfect opportunity. 
I found this sketchbook at Le Bon Marché in Paris. I loved the little tool belt that it came with. The only hard part was deciding what color to get. 
I did some research and decided that her return address stamp needed to be inspired by one of her creations.
But one stamp was not enough for this fabulous lady! So I came up with the idea of two stamps, that would each work on it's own, or look really cool layered.
Drawing the frill was my favorite part :)
Here is how they work alone, or together. It was a fun project! I love all the crafty ladies I meet.

10 comments:

  1. the finished result is wonderful! you've got impeccable taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! That is very sweet of you to say.

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful! What a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy she thought of me for her rubber stamp needs :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE this stamp so much!! How fun to get to meet the lady behind Geronimo balloons. I love your job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Yep, I'm pretty lucky. There are a ton of great crafty ladies in LA.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy :) It's something I hope to explore further in my upcoming stamp designs.

      Delete
  5. ooh so pretty! I love how the overlaid one looks kinda 3D style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a few different colors, layered together but pink and blue turned out to be my favorite.

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails