Sunday, October 20, 2013

Required Reading No. 5

I'm trying to make an effort to be more involved in the artist community. Fall is my busiest time, and we're out of town most weekends. I figured re-subscribing to Uppercase counted as being more involved, for now.  I really did notice its absence in my mailbox. Uppercase gives readers the opportunity to participate and the chance to be published in the next issue. When there was a call for letters made up of office supplies, I knew that was a project I could take on.
 I dug through all of my desk drawers and found: push pins, erasers, and paper clips. These are the letters I made, and submitted.
I was very excited when the issue arrived! These were my favorite letter forms: 
 "confidential" made up using a confidential stamp. Genius.
Vintage postage stamps.
 Typewriter ribbon.
 Cute erasers.
 Cut rubber bands.
 hole punched paper and push pins.
 Here's my submissions printed in issue 19.
 Pretty cool!
The rest of the issue is great too. They always find the most interesting subjects to include. 

You can find Uppercase here.


  1. What a cool mag! Congratulations on getting published! :D

    1. Thank you, Sulieen! I was very excited to see my creations in print.

  2. This just convinced me to subscribe. How cool!

    1. I hope you enjoy it! I really look forward to it.

  3. Congrats on being published! Very cool! And that office supply party cracker sounds like fun!!!

    1. Thank you! Yes, I'd like to get my hands on one of those party crackers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails