Thursday, October 24, 2013

Shop Update - The United Stamps of America

Every so often, a customer asks to see an example of what her state looks like before purchasing. I've been thinking of making an example of every state for a while. But it just got added to the list of "things to do...eventually." Until Kevin (a shop owner in Portland) wanted to offer our custom stamps in his soon to be open shop. He mentioned that it'd be great if there was a sheet where he could show the different examples of the states. That was all the motivation I needed! Of course, this was easier said than done. I decided on using the names of my favorite actors from the 50's, 60's and 70s. Most stars lived in California or New York, so I had to get inventive. 
First I made a list of all my favorite actors and actresses. One was Marlon Brando- he was in a Streetcar named Desire, which was set in New Orleans. So that's why he's the name for the Louisiana example. This process took a very long time but I am 100% happy with the results. 
I can't offer the state of Hawaii, but I do offer the individual islands. I though Elvis was an obvious choice for this one :) 
I also reshot the photos, as our stamps now have a new look. Instead of having a sticker on top of the wood, the image of your stamp is engraved on top.  
I often still get questions about the different between creative license lettering and capital lettering. I hope this photo clears up the confusion. All of my products are a work in progress and I love seeing how they change and improve.
You can find the original state stamps in our shop.


  1. Seriously the coolest graphic EVER!!! That map is amazing!!!

  2. i am so happy i purchased one of these. everyone LOVES it… but not as much as me!! thank you.



Related Posts with Thumbnails