Friday, February 7, 2014

Recent Finds - Lundeen's

Every time I'm in LA I try to visit at least one of my favorite shops. Having access to great independent shops is something I never took for granted and something I definitely miss about LA. There are a few good ones down around San Diego, but they can never replace the ones that I've been shopping at for years. On my most recent trip to Lundeen's I picked up some cards and gifts.
Vintage ads are something that I've always enjoyed, and these fashion illustrations immediately caught my eye. 
There's a bit of history involved too. If you can't see it, it says "During the 1940s and 50s, Wilshire Boulevard was given a nickname befitting its refined sense of style- the Champs-Elysées of the west. Fashion illustrator Ruth Posner captured the posh elegance of the era in her advertising sketches for I. Magnin and Bullocks Wilshire." Not only that, but these are letterpress printed right here in California. 
 Their selection of cards is ever growing and gets better with every visit. I picked up a card from rifle paper co, dear hancock, and my favorite of the bunch
 greenwich letterpress.
They fit in great with my other outgoing thank you notes.

1 comment:

  1. Love those Wilshire Blvd ones! Those are gorgeous!!!



Related Posts with Thumbnails