There I was, with totally adorable wallet size prints, but I didn't know what I was going to do with them. I have a ton of love/valentine's cards but they just didn't seem special enough for this. Tony said I just needed to make a specific card for them, I wanted their photos to be the focus...this is what we came up with.
Tony figured out exactly where the slits needed to go to slip the pictures in, and I figured out exactly where the hearts should be.
I embossed "happy valentine's day" on the front in gold ink and included a message on the inside.
This is what the back of the card looked like, when all the photos were in.
It turns out that I was mailing a lot more than I thought so I had to dive into my whole paper stock- blues, greens, pastels, everything was up for grabs.
When all the cards were written I tucked them into glassine envelopes and sealed with my new favorite floral tape.
I found these heart stickers at typo but I didn't think they felt right on these. Maybe I can incorporate them next year.
Then came time to address all the packages. I don't believe it's a valentine without chocolate, so I included some with the card and stuck it all in a padded envelope. I took it down to the post office so I could figure out exactly how much postage it needed.
I used a mix of modern and vintage postage.
When I dropped off my packages at the post office, my usual helper called a few people from the back to look at them. They look at mail all day, and they took a minute or two to look at mine :) Another successful mailing!