Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Day Photo Shoot

I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do for my Valentine's this year, I just knew that I wanted to include a picture of Milchy and Otto. I had this blue photo backdrop (used for my wedding photo wall) and just put it up in my living room. After a few test shots, I decided it was too plain. So I made tulle puff balls, using rolls of tulle from paper mart. After I was happy with my backdrop, it was time to round up the cats.
 I'm sure you've heard the expression "herding cats." It's no joke! They are usually very photogenic (read sleepy) during the day but they were being terrible. Ripping off the tulle balls (understandably)- deciding it was time to groom - fighting with each other and ripping the paper roll. 
 After multiple attempts to get a photo of them together, I just gave up.
Then I had the grand idea of putting Otto's favorite pillow on the floor. He settled down right away. But I thought the pillow was just too distracting. 
 So I got the top of an ottoman. Ready for takeoff!
People think I pose my cats...they clearly have never been around cats. You can't control/pose a cat. I just take a lot of pictures, and eventually, one is good :) 
Finally I got this gem. After editing and cropping, I had wallets made of each. 
Sometimes a girl just can't get rid of her crazy eyes, but I thought it worked. Tomorrow I'll share the final product with my valentine's cards.

7 comments:

  1. That whole process looks like it was fun! Your cats are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! As a proud cat mom I understand the craziness it takes to get a good photo sometimes. These are adorable! I might have to do this next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! It's true, cats are terrible animals but kinda perfect too :)
    Have you seen this commercial, about cat herding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the addition of tulle puff balls IS sheer genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I love tulle balls - they're so cute and fluffy :)

    Erin, beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails