Friday, May 16, 2014

Movie Stars

Working and living in LA, you do see a lot of celebrities. They have to be out in the world, just like everyone else. I'd say I saw more than my fair share since I worked in two shops in popular shopping districts and I had a flexible work schedule that allowed me to be at hip cafes, on say, a tuesday mid morning. I have been star struck and even tongue tied but no matter how many celebrities I see, I still have nostalgia for old hollywood. I grew up watching old movies thanks to my dad. Whenever we visited the library he would bring home another one. What I wouldn't give to have seen or talked to Katharine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, or Bette Davis out and about in Los Angeles. That's why I'm obsessed with this map my sister emailed to me. Official moviegraph of the land of stars- where they live- where they work and where they play. Isn't it fantastic? For some reason, I find the big head characetures charming, instead of creepy. This just makes me want to watch a classic Hollywood movie. What are some of your favorites? Mine are
The Philadelphia Story
Arsenic and Old Lace
Bringing Up Baby
The Shop Around The Corner
All About Eve
and don't get me started on Hitchcock or Musicals. We'd be here all day! 
Photo from Curbed LA.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I've seen all of those movies. Only just recently saw The Philadelphia Story--great movie.



Related Posts with Thumbnails