Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Recent Favorites No. 33

No big surprise- cats and mail are two of my favorite things but them together- too good! I've always loved Memo guards the mail but I never did any research into the maker of this amazing hand carved masterpiece. Turns out she, dumpsterdiversanonymous, has a wonderful flickr stream, full of mail and cats.
 Just look at these beauties!
 Such a sweet face.
 These bedroom eyes!
She is skilled at hand carving her own stamps.
 I am intrigued by that chicken.
 I haven't hand carved stamps in a long while, but this makes me want to give it another go.
 She also has some great cat themed mail on her flickr.
It's worth checking out :)
All photos from dumpsterdiversanoymous.


  1. I could be wrong but I think that stamp was made especially for Missive Maven. I would love to try hand-carving stamps...the closest I've come is creating a Pinterest board though.

    1. Yes, I think so too. I originally found the memo stamp on Missive Maven's flickr.
      I've only tried carving on Staedtler carving blocks. You can see more of that here

      I'm not in love with those. They are too soft. I will do some research on better options.

  2. I'm a little late to the party here (just ended up here after seeing the Memo Guards the Mail stamp linked by someone else on Pinterest), but yes, Carroll did carve that stamp for me. Memo was not in the best of health when it arrived, and it meant so much - especially since we lost him a few months after that.



Related Posts with Thumbnails