Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm moving back to LA!

I moved to Oceanside about a year and a half ago. Tony and I came here for his work, and I decided to go back to working out of the house- we found a cute beach cottage and Paper Pastries moved in. I thought that a three bedroom house would be enough room- it isn't! I am busting at the seams here, and having trouble being as productive as I could be. Since Tony's project is drawing to an end in a few months, I decided to move back to LA early- he'll be up on weekends and he'll be back permanently before I know it!
I've been looking for an apt and work space since May. Katie has been so sweet to go around with me. I somehow always happened to set up viewing appointments on the hottest days. Finally we had two dream spots. First up- the apartment.
When I walked into this lobby, I was blown away. This is the original subway terminal in downtown LA. It's a historical building and it's so beautiful. I mean, look at these elevators!
The lobby is grand in itself. 
The hallways are filled with light and marble and great light fixtures. 
 I really can't get enough of these light fixtures. A hallway might seem like a dumb thing to be excited about, but after looking at some of the dungeons that we have seen- it makes a huge difference. I couldn't live or work in a dark place. It would depress me. Plus, the cats wouldn't like it.
The apartment itself is tops too. I have wanted double sinks my whole life.  
Also, two giant walk in closets! Some of the places I was looking at were no bigger than this closet.
It also has a hot tub on the roof, and great views of downtown:
I couldn't be more pleased with this place! Not only am I in love with it, it's the only place I've looked at in the past three months that is halfway acceptable. It's pretty much my dream apartment. I can walk to tons of places downtown- including grand central market which is one of my favorite spots DTLA. Plus, the subway stop is right across the street. The biggest perk of this space is that I can WALK to my work space. Dream come true!! Pictures of the work space up next. 

1 comment:

  1. The two walk-in closets alone make this place sound wonderful. Hope all goes well with the move (especially for the kitties!)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails