Monday, September 15, 2014

Lately (and a favor)

I know it's been really quiet on the blog recently, thanks for bearing with me. August/September has been so busy. 
1) I had to pack up my whole life/house/work space to move back to LA. My mom and grandma came down to help me, and they were amazing.  (Postcard above from BETTY TURBO) LA has been treating me right. I am so happy to be back with my friends and family. Tony and I get to see each other every weekend. So I've been working non stop during the week but partying hard every weekend. It's fun!
2) Right after I moved, we went on vacation for my mother in law's birthday. It was a really fun trip to Montana and I got to spend some quality time with family. I also took a lot of pictures with my phone. 
If you follow me on instagram, you already know this.  
I did miss my cats a lot. While I moved, and went on vacation, they went to my sister's house for 10 days. I bet she was happy when they were out of there! She already has three cats of her own, so a 5 cat household is enough to drive anyone batty. Thanks to Katie for taking care of babies as if they were her own! 
Right after I got back from Montana, I had to have surgery on my pinky. I had a bump in it, that hurt so they removed it. Turns out it was a benign tumor. So I was kind of out of it/on pain killers for a week. It was impossible to do anything for a week! I couldn't get my hand wet at all. I had to go to the salon to get my hair washed. I'm not going to lie, it was a total treat. Thank you, Amy for taking such good care of me!
The following week, my mom had to have surgery. This is me on the left, and my mom on the right. These pictures were taken a week apart but it was SO freaky friday. 
That week, I did luckily get a lot of great things in the mail:
letters from victoria, donovan, kate, and katie
Annoying customer as a unicorn phone case from kate funk
Instagram photo magnets from pic pack
text less write more shirt from ink meets paper 
The week after my surgery was spent organizing and getting my studio more up and running. My in laws came down to help "the patient" (me- and yes I was milking that for all it's worth) and they were a huge help. Tony and his dad put up shelves and put together furniture and took a ton of trips to home depot. I couldn't go, I was "recovering."
I am trying to have it 100% in perfect condition so that I'm ready for the holidays this year. But, I figure a perfect work space means you're not really working all the time, which I am. So, there will always be a bit more I could do. But I do want to share more photos of it soon so I will get in there with my real camera one of these days.
That's pretty much my life up to date. Except I have a favor to ask. See this adorable kitten? He needs a home. My sister is fostering these four newborns because their mother abandoned them. SO sad. Everyone of them has been claimed except this poor little runt. He's the skinniest of the bunch, but he has the prettiest blue eyes. He weighs in at a whooping 15.5 ounces and is TOTALLY adorable. 
So- the favor. For those of you in southern California, please tell everyone you know about this little guy. We need to find him a forever home! For more info/pics check out her instagram here.
If someone you know is interested, you can comment on one of her photos, or email me, and I'll pass the message along.


  1. Lovely photos as usual :) Glad you're okay and fully recovered (and you're right--the side-by-side photos of you and your mom were totally Freaky Friday-ish).

  2. Oh, moving is so hard to begin with. You must have been on overload. I am sure you will appreciate getting back to work in your studio. Best wishes.



Related Posts with Thumbnails