Sunday, May 17, 2015

Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty

This weekend I went to the Hello Kitty exhibit at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo.  It was a great trip down memory lane. I loved seeing all the originals from the 70s. The show is very well curated by an author of a HK book, Pink Globalization, and an owner of the store, JapanLA. A book I haven't read, and a shop I haven't been to. I'm lagging, I know. I found out a lot of interesting facts about Hello Kitty. Namely, that she isn't a cat, she's a little girl. Whaaaat. And she lives in London, not Japan! Mind blown. Here's a few pictures from the exhibit.
!
I obviously want this dress.
It's up until May 31st. Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that she was a little girl or a twin!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails